Medication Administration
School personnel may not dispense prescription medication to students unless the licensed prescriber and parents have signed the "Prescription or Over the Counter (OTC) Authorization for Medication Administration" form.  Nonprescription medication (over the counter medications, such as acetaminophen, cough syrup, etc.) will be administered according to the manufacturer’s recommendation as written on the bottle. In addition, the parent or legal guardian needs to sign an authorization form.

These forms are available at all school offices, at most clinics, and through the links below. A new form must be submitted at the start of the school year or when any changes occur from the original prescription order. All medication will be located and dispensed from the school office or other designated areas. Medication must be sent to school in the original container. When a prescription is ordered at a pharmacy, you can request the order be placed in two bottles if medication is also needed for home. Medication left at the end of the school year must be picked up by an adult or it will be disposed of by the nurse two weeks after school is completed for the year.